-
strona główna  struktura serwisu  kontakt    poleć znajomym wersja polska-english version-BIP-
- herb Welcome to Golub-Dobrzyń
-
- 18.10.2017 - Łukasza, Juliana, Bogumiły
 
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
----www.kpfp.org.pl
-
- Welcome to Golub-Dobrzyń /

The  city  of  Golub-Dobrzyń  is  located  in  the  north- eastern  part  of  the  Kujawy  and  Pomorze  Province,  close  to  the  convenient  transport  routes     ( 42 km  away  from  Toruń ), in  the  proximity  of  a  popular  tourist  route  from  Western  Europe  to  Wielkopolska  and  further  towards  Warmia  and  Mazury  ( the  Polish  Lake  District ).  Golub-Dobrzyń  is  the  main  city  in  the  region  with  a  unique  historical  heritage,  abundant  in  monuments  of  culture,  picturesque  landscape,  and  secluded  nature  enclaves.

The  city,  as  if  being  a  precious  buckle,  joins  as  many  as  three  geographical  units : the  Upland  of  Chełmno,  the  Upland  of  Dobrzyń,  and  the  vast,  rolling  Drwęca  River  Valley,  which  runs  inbetween  the  first  two  regions.  The  town  was  founded  half  a  century  ago  by  joining  two  very  different  autonomous  organisms,  varying  in  history,  customs,  and  architecture  which  to  this  day  remains  clearly  recognisable.

The  first  written  information  about  a village  called  Golub  is  included  in  the  document  from  1258, in which Golub is mentioned  as a village  from 1254. The year 2003 marks the 750th anniversary of the first mentioning of a village of Golub. The jubilee celebrations will inaugurate in February 2004.

The  lands  stretching  on  both  banks  on  the  Drwęca  River  in  those  days  belonged  to  the  Province  of  Mazovia (Mazowsze) being  under  the  jurisdiction  of  the  Prince  and  Bishop  in  Płock.  The  region  bordering  on  the  lands  of  prussia  was  the  scene  of  long-lasting  conflicts,  forays,  and  mutual  invasions.

The  Teutonic  Knights,  having  come  to  the  Land  of Chełmno,  recognnised  the  military  potenct  of  the  settlement  and  soon  the  city  of  Golub  was  founded  following  the  principles  of  the  Chełmno  Statutes.  On  the  hill  a  stronghold  was  erected,  a  Gothic  castle  which  became  the  local  Teutonic  administration  centre – the  residence  of  the  Teutonic  Commander.

The  Drwęca  River  was  beginning  to  change  its  role  and  was  gradually  being  transformed  into  a  border  separating  the  lands  on  its  banks.  This  was  a long  and  complex  process,  influenced  and  stimulated  by  the  shaping  of  territories  of  individual  Provinces  and  Dioceses.  The  TeutonicKnights  strengthened  thier  presence  in  and  domination  over  the  Land  of  Chełmno,  while  on  the  other  bank  the  Kingdom  of  Poland  was  getting  ready  for  the  war  with  the  Teutonic  Order.  Both  the  city  and  the  castle  suffered  greatly  and  repeatedly  in  numerous  conflicts  of  this  kind.

By  the  terms  of  the  Second  Peace  Treaty  in  Toruń,  the  Land  of  Chełmno  along  with  the  city  of  Golub  came  back  within  the  boundaries  of  the  Kingdom  of  Poland.  The  city,  seriously  impaired  by  its  chequered  past,  finally  found  the  opportunity  to  develop  freely  and  could  draw  on  the  manifold  and  diverse  contacts  with  the  Kingdom.

The  ‘Golden  Age’,  of  Golub  started  with  King  Sigismind  Vasa  ascension  to  the  Polish  throne.  The  Kind  granted  the  Land  of  Golub  to  his  sister  Anne,  who  was  appointed  the  statost  of  Golub.  The  King’s  visit  to  Golub  in  1623  constitutes  a  symbolic  to  the  pinnacle  period  in  the  city’s  history.

In  consequence  of  the  first  partition  of  Poland  in  1772,  Golub  was  incorporated  into  Prussia  and  once  again  became  a  border  town.  This  fact  had  a  considerable  affact  on  the  local  economic  boom,  stimulated  first  of  all  by  the  cross-border  smuggling  businesses.  Dobrzyń,  situated  on  the  other  bank  of  the  Drwęca  River,  once  a  suburb  of  Golub,  in  the  new  political  situation  was  rapidly  developing  into  a  competitive  city.

Both  cities  played  their  roles  in  the  glorious  episodes  of  the  national  uprisings.

Dobrzyń  welcomed  the  newly-found  independence  in  the  autumn  of  1918, when  the  so-called  Second  Polish  Republic  was  being  formed  on  the  lands  of  the  former  Russian  sector  of  partitioned  Poland.  Golub  had  to  waint  two  more  years,  until  the  Polnish  army  took  over  Pomerania  (Pomorze)  from  the  hands  of  the  Germans.

The  Drwęca  River  continued  to  separate  the  two  cities  which  after  administrative  divisions  found  themselves  in  different  Provinces.

Only  after  Second  World  War,  in  1951  were  the  two  towns  combined  to  from  one  city  of  Golub-Dobrzyń,  which  went  to  become  the  seat  of  the  district  government  in  1956.

 

Golub-Dobrzyń  takes  up  the  area  of  7.5 sq. km  and  has  a  population  of  13 300.  the  city  is  a  major  centre  of  social  and  economic  life,  the  seat  of  the  parish,  city  and  district  authorities.  It  belongs  to  the  Federation  of  Polish  Cities,  to  the  Association  of  Parishes  of  Northern  Mazovia, and  to  the  Society  of  Parishes  of  the  Copernicus  Route.

It  is  located  in  the  very  centre  of  the  Golub-Dobrzyń  District  and  is  a  dynamic  focal  point  of  the  industrial,  trade  and  cultural  activities  for  the  neighbouring  parishes.  It  is  here  that  the  main  educational,  cultural,  and  health  care  institutions,  industral  plants,  and  services  are  located.

The  attractiveness  of  the  place  for  investors  has  been  recently  enhanced  by  the  establishment  of  a  new  industrial  city  district  equipped  with  complete  technical  infrastructure  and  situated  within  a  convenient  distance  from  major  roads  andtransport  facilities.

A  special  role  in  the  cultural  and  tourist  life  of  the  city  and  in  its  promotion  is  played  by  the  Golub teutonic castle,  situated  on  top  of  the  hill.  Among  the  events  organized  there  and  recognised  in  Europe,  one  should  count  International  Knights  Tournaments,  International  Oratory  Tournaments,  famous  balls  attended  by  celebrities.  Moreover,  the  Knights’  School,  the  only  of  its  kind  in  Poland,  is  attached  to  the  Golub  castle.

The  Old  Town  abounds  with  monuments  of  architecture.  There  is  Gothic  parish  church  with  the  Sigismund  bell,  the  third  largest  in  Poland,  there  are  the  fragmends  of  the  medieval  city  walls  with  towers  and  a moat.  The  register  of  monuments  also  includes  the  Old  Town,  the  evangelical  church,  and  the  Empire-style  catholic  church.

The  Golub-Dobrzyń  region  is  also  a  perfect  place  for  recreation  and  relaxation.  The  Drwęca  River  meandering  through  the  city  welcomes  all  canoeing  rallies  and  angling  lovers.  The  river  is  a  fish  life  resreve  for  protection  of  the  family  Salmonidae  fish.

Beautiful  forests  in  the  area  of  Sokołów  teem  with  eild  game  and  wild  fowl  and  prove  a  perfect  destination  for  those  keep  on  hunting.  Furthermore,  the  natural  scenery  scattered  with  numerous  woods  and  lakes  will  satisfy  all  visitors  in  search  of  relaxation  and  beauty  of  the  nature.

 

Basic data about Golub-Dobrzyń

The  mission  of  the  city:  Golub-Dobrzyń  is  a  strong  local  centre,  focused  on  provision  of  comprehensive  services  to  the  neighbouring  areas  in  terms  of  trade,  crafts,  commercial  services,  and  education.  The  city  welcomes  tourists,  intends  to  develop  its  tourist  potential  on  the  basis  of  the  existing  monuments  of  history  and  natural  resources.

 

Area: 750 ha,  including:  housing – 150 ha,  industry,  warehouses – 83 ha, communication,  transport – 48 ha, forests – 122 ha.

Popultion:  13 200  residents,  incuding: 8 500 in  the  productive  age,  unemployment  index  15-20%

Incomes of the city budget :  13 605 640 PLN  (1999),  including  city’s  own  investment  2 655 993 PLN

Business venture :  900 registered,  number  of  income  tax  payers: 6  300

Housing resources:  3  680  flats,  including:  community- owned: 1836,  municipal: 804,  company- owned: 57,  privately-owned: 983.

Social infrastructure:  elementary  schools – 3 (number  of  students: 1867),  grammar-schools – 1 (number  of  students: 257),  secondary  school – 3 (number  of  students: 1518),  out-patient  clinics – 2,  hospital – 1 (number  of  places: 250),  banks – 4,  insurance  companies – 4.

Technical infrastructure:  water  intakes  under  the  city  authorities’  jurisdiction – 7,  length  of  the  municipal  water- supply  system – 22 km,  sewage  purification  stations – 1,  length  of  the  municipal  sewer  system – 22 km,  heating  plant  of  17.5 MW capacity, main  central  heating  line – 6.5 km, stationary  telecommunication  subscribers – 3 300.

Largest  plants:  GOLPASZ  S.A. – producer  of  animal  feed,  concentrates,  and  poultry  meat,   AGROLOK – trade  in  materials  for  agricultural  production,  ADABET – concrete  lements  producer,  MURABET – building  materials  wholesale,  building  services.

 

The strategy of development of the city to the year 2010

Taking  advantage  of  the  tourist  and  natural  resources  potential  / extension  of  the  tourist  base,  protection  of  the  natural  environment,  preparation  of  a  suitable  tourist  offer /.

Development  of  the  local  infrastructure  / development  of  the  technical  infrastructure,  development  of  the  social  infrastructure – a  system  of  financing  economic  initiatives,  support  for  the  development  of  housing.

Development  of  the  facilities  for  and  restructuring  of  the  local  agriculture  /support  for  the  local  crafts,  provision  of  favourable  conditions  for  the  dewelopment  of  the  processing  industry,  stimulation  of  the  development  of  the  agricultural  market /.

 

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
ZAADOPTUJ PSA--respoti - przewodnik--Mapa Golubia-Dobrzynia------
-
- Urząd Miasta Golub-Dobrzyń, ul. Plac Tysiąclecia 25, 87-400 Golub-Dobrzyń
tel. +48 (56) 683 54 10, fax +48 (56) 683 54 15,
© Copyright UM Golub-Dobrzyń
powered by netadmin 6.92
-